West Palm Beach Personal Injury Accidents
You have rights when you suffer an injury that could have been prevented, but for someone else's irresponsible actions. If you have been hurt in West Palm Beach personal injury lawyers can guide you through everything you need to know about how to file a claim and recover compensation.What Is a Personal Injury Action?
A personal injury action is a civil action that seeks to recover damages from an at-fault party. The types of damages that are typically recoverable in personal injury action include damages for pain and suffering, lost wages and medical expenses, and any other financial or nonfinancial losses directly related to the injury. A personal injury suit can be filed against an individual, a corporation, a private company, or an organization. In fact, even a government entity may face a civil suit. If you have a personal injury case in West Palm Beach in which you suffered a serious injury, Jarrett Blakeley can meet with you today for a free case evaluation.West Palm Beach Serious Injury Case
If you have suffered a catastrophic injury, it is important that you contact a West Palm Beach personal injury lawyer to learn your rights and to help you properly prepare this important case. There are many different types of accidents that lead to catastrophic injuries:
- Slip and falls on another person's property
- Drowning or near drowning on another person's property
- Injuries caused by defective products or drugs
- Injuries caused by car accidents
- Car accidents caused by drunk drivers
- Injuries caused by boating accidents
- All other injuries that happen due to the fault of another person
A West Palm Beach personal injury lawyer can help you to determine the best way to prepare your case. These cases can be very complicated and it is unwise to pursue a serious claim without an experienced lawyer.Do I Have to Prove Anything?
Yes, in a personal injury suit you will have to prove a number of things in order to recover damages. These include:
- That the at-fault party owed you a duty of care (i.e., a property owner owes those who enter the property the right to enter a property free of known hazards)
- That the at-fault party violated that duty (i.e., an at-fault driver operated his or her vehicle while drunk)
- That the violation of the duty—also known as negligence—caused your accident
- That the accident caused you damages (i.e., financial loses, pain, psychological injuries, etc.)
The best thing that you can do if you believe that you may have a cause of action against a person who acted negligently is to call a West Palm Beach personal injury attorney as soon as possible. Serving West Palm Beach personal injury attorney Jarrett Blakeley at Blakeley Law Firm, P.A. has the experience and drive that it takes to advocate for you. To learn more, call the law firm today to schedule a consultation, or request a consultation online.