Broward County Personal Injury Lawyer With Experience Recovering Compensation
Suffering a personal injury due to the negligence of another can be a truly devastating experience. An accident, regardless of the type, may leave the victim facing financial uncertainty while attempting to cover the costs of skyrocketing medical bills, ongoing rehabilitative treatment, and lost wages from time missed at work.
But while an accident may represent a true tragedy, those injured by another's negligence should not hesitate to reach out to a skilled Broward County personal injury lawyer for help. To be sure, if you have suffered an injury at the hands of someone else, a personal injury attorney in Broward County can provide you with professional assistance with filing a civil lawsuit to help you recover the compensation you deserve.
What Is a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
A personal injury lawsuit allows a victim to recover compensation for any injuries they suffered at the hands of a wrongdoer. But in order for a personal injury lawsuit to succeed, it must possess certain elements.
Very often personal injury lawsuits are brought under a theory of negligence; specifically, that another person's or entity's negligence was the cause of the injuries the victim sustained. And, to succeed, this type of claim must contain four elements, that:
- A duty existed between the parties
- The duty was breached by one party
- The victim suffered injuries and
- The breach of the duty was the cause of the victim's injuries
This concept can be further explained when examining a personal injury lawsuit surrounding a car accident. To be successful, the victim must prove:
- First, that a duty existed. It is assumed that drivers owe a duty to one another on the road to operate their cars in a safe manner;
- Second, that one party breached this duty. The responsible party may have done so by operating the car carelessly, which could involve speeding or texting while driving;
- Third, that the victim suffered injuries. This can be explained through the use of the medical records in the case; and
- Fourth, that the victim's injuries were the result of the breach of duty. It is not enough to show that the victim was hurt; he or she must demonstrate that this was the result of the crash.
This may sound simple, but the law is extremely complex. As such, anyone injured in an accident should reach out to a skilled Broward County personal injury attorney to help ensure his or her claim is successful.
Reach Out to an Exceptional Broward County Personal Injury Lawyer for Help
Have you been injured in an accident in Broward County? If so, it is in your best interests to contact an experienced Broward county personal injury lawyer for help with your case. Some victims attempt to pursue self-representation, also referred to as pro se representation; however, doing so may lead to missed deadlines, misunderstandings in court, and eventually a failure to recover.
Don't file a personal injury lawsuit without the assistance of a skilled professional. Instead, reach out to Blakeley Law Firm, P.A. in Broward County today to ensure that your rights are protected throughout your case, and that you have the highest chance possible to obtain compensation for your injuries.