Palm Beach County Car Accidents
Based primarily on its large size and popularity leading to increased traffic, Palm Beach County experienced more car accidents in 2014 than nearly any other county in the state of Florida. To be sure, the Palm Beach area witnessed 24,291 car accidents in the single year according to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. If you have been in a car accident in Palm Beach County, car accident attorneys can help you to understand your rights and the process of filing a claim for any damages that you have suffered.Who Might Be Liable in a Car Accident?
Liability in a car accident is not always clear. In fact, in some cases, there may be more than one party who is considered to be at-fault. Depending upon the circumstances surrounding your car accident, those who might be held liable or partially liable include:
- The operator of the other motor vehicle involved;
- The manufacturer of a defective car or car part;
- The employer of a driver of a truck or other large vehicle;
- An entity that failed to maintain roads in a safe condition; or
- Anyone else who may have acted negligently, contributing to your accident.
Above, it is noted that a person who acts negligently may be held liable for damages in the event that their negligence was the direct cause of your car accident. Negligence is defined as the failure to take the proper care in doing something. In regards to a car accident, this may mean violating a law, or simply acting in a manner that is unreasonable or unsafe. Examples of negligence that can lead to a car accident include:
- A trucking company hiring an unqualified or inexperienced driver;
- A trucking company failing to maintain vehicles;
- A auto parts manufacturer manufacturing a defective vehicle/vehicle part;
- A driver driving at an unsafe speed for conditions (i.e. driving too fast during a storm, even if not violating the speed limit);
- A driver using a cell phone when behind the wheel;
- A driver operating a vehicle while impaired or intoxicated;
- A truck driver driving while fatigued; and
- Any other violations of traffic regulations and laws.
A Palm Beach County car accident attorney can help you understand more about negligence and how to prove it.A Car Accident Lawyer Serving Palm Beach County Can Help You Establish Liability
Often people find themselves at the scene of a car accident, the victim of another's negligence listening to the other driver apologize and promise to do the right thing. The Defendant car accident driver will sometimes even ask you not to call the police so that you can "handle it privately". Then when the police arrive that same car accident Defendant will suddenly change his story and say you were the one "at fault". Unfortunately, not everyone can be trusted to do the right thing in this car accident situation, always get an accident report and hire an experienced car accident attorney to help you establish liability on a Defendant driver that changes his story and tries to blame you!Serving Palm Beach County Car Accident Lawyer Jarrett Blakeley Can Help
Palm Beach County car accident lawyers have the legal knowledge that you need after you have been injured in a car accident. To help you file your claim and recover damages, reach out to Blakeely Law Firm, P.A. today. Serving Palm Beach County car accident lawyer Jarrett Blakeley can represent you! Call now to learn more.