Wellington Personal Injury Accidents
Knowing what to do after suffering a personal injury can be confusing, exhausting, and even traumatizing. But before you give up hope and assume that you have exhausted all of your options—reach out to a Wellington personal injury attorney. Blakeley Law Firm, P.A. has helped hundreds of Florida injury victims just like you.Types of Personal Injury Claims
A lot of people think that the only types of injuries that they need an attorney for are acts of medical malpractice or car accidents. This belief is wrong; an attorney can be an essential asset for a variety of injury types. Examples of personal injury claims that a Wellington personal injury lawyer can assist you with include:
- Slip and fall claims. If you slip and fall on another's private, commercial, residential, or even government property, you may have a claim against the property owner. This is true if your slip and fall accident would not have happened but for the property owner's failure to maintain the property in a safe condition.
- Product liability claims. Products should always be safe for consumer use. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. If a defective product, or a product with an incorrect or missing warning label has harmed you, take action. Serving Wellington personal injury attorney Jarrett Blakeley at Blakeley Law Firm, P.A. can represent you.
- Car, motorcycle, bicycle, boat, aviation, and pedestrian accidents. An accident that involves any type of motor vehicle, bicycle, or pedestrian can be devastating. When an injury occurs because someone else acted recklessly, Blakeley Law Firm can help.
- Dog bites. When a dog in Florida bites you, you typically do not have to prove negligence under the state's strict liability laws. These types of claims can be very traumatizing, but Jarrett Blakeley is here to help.
- Workplace injuries. Most of the time, you are barred from filing a liability claim under workers' compensation laws. However, in the event that your injuries were caused by a third-party, you may have a third-party liability suit.
In fact, any time that you are hurt because of another person's negligence, you may have a cause of action against that person.The Basics of a Personal Injury Claim
There are four components that you will have to prove during a personal injury claim in order to recover compensation: existence of duty of care, breach of duty of care, causation, and damages. These may sound like foreign terms to you; a Wellington personal injury attorney can help you understand which each component means, and how to prove it.
The other thing you must know about a personal injury claim is that you only have so much time to file; if you do not file your claim within four years' time from the date of your accident, you will be barred from recovering damages. For this and many other reasons, it is very important that you act quickly.Meet With a Personal Injury Lawyer Now
Serving Wellington personal injury lawyer Jarrett Blakeley of Blakeley Law Firm, P.A. is ready to meet with you to discuss your injuries and recovery options now. Call today to begin at 954-253-9445.