A nice West Palm Beach night can be shattered in an instant by the reckless decision of a drunk driver. For the innocent lives impacted, the accident is often just the beginning of a lengthy and complicated legal process. During this time, finding the right legal representation, like West Palm Beach Drunk Driving Accident lawyer Blakeley Law Firm, can get you justice and compensation.
Blakeley Law Firm offers stands ready to walk through the legal process with you. We are committed to giving a voice to those silenced by such needless tragedies.
Why Choose Blakeley Law Firm?
When you've been the victim of a drunk driving accident, you need a law firm with a proven track record of holding negligent parties accountable. Blakeley Law Firm has over a decade of success stories in securing favorable victim settlements. With our insight into personal injury law and wrongful death claims, we are a formidable force in the courtroom and at the negotiation table.
Located off Vista Parkway, the Blakeley Law Firm's West Palm Beach office ensures that those affected by drunk driving accidents have convenient access to top-tier legal services.
We understand the community and the pain such accidents inflict on it. We are your compassionate neighbors who are here to support you through every step of your claim.
Drunk Driving Accident Compensation
The Blakeley Law Firm assesses the full impact of your accident beyond the immediate medical costs. We consider every aspect of your life touched by the accident, from lost income and reduced earning capacity to the pain and suffering that doesn't fade with the physical scars.
The fallout from a drunk driving accident often starts with a pile of medical bills that can rapidly consume your savings and add financial strain to an already stressful situation. Economic damages include these medical expenses, from emergency care to ongoing treatments, surgeries, and rehabilitation costs.
But the financial impact doesn't end there. Victims frequently incur lost income from being unable to work, and some face a diminished earning capacity if their injuries prevent them from returning to their former employment.
To establish the extent of these losses, Blakeley Law Firm reviews medical records and employment documents and even uses expert witnesses to project future losses. This comprehensive financial assessment is how we help you recover every dollar of economic damage the law entitles you to.
Non-economic damages are the intangible costs that affect the quality of life and emotional well-being of you and your family. Pain and suffering, mental anguish, loss of enjoyment of life, and loss of consortium are complex, subjective experiences that a dollar amount can never truly compensate for.
Blakeley Law Firm translates these non-economic impacts into terms that insurance companies and juries can understand and recognize. We gather detailed testimonials, expert opinions on psychological impact, and compelling narratives of our client's experiences to make sure these damages are given proper weight in the compensation process.
In cases of gross negligence, such as extreme or knowing drunk driving, Florida law permits the pursuit of punitive damages, which punish the wrongdoer instead of compensating specific losses. Obtaining these damages can provide additional financial support and hopefully deter similar conduct in the future.
Our lawyers at Blakeley Law Firm are well-versed in the legal standards required to secure punitive damages. We work to present clear and convincing evidence of the at-fault party's egregious disregard for your safety.
How Can Blakeley Law Firm Maximize Your Compensation?
Recovering these forms of compensation takes a lot of work. Insurance companies are professionals at minimizing payouts, and the legal hurdles can seem impossible to those unfamiliar with Florida's legal system.
This is where Blakeley Law Firm steps in. With a thorough understanding of drunk driving accident claims, our firm uses its knowledge to combat lowball settlement offers and aggressively advocates for full and fair compensation.
We prepare every case as if it will go to trial with preparation and attention to detail while also using our negotiation skills to achieve the best possible settlement outside the courtroom.
Where Do Drunk Driving Accidents Happen in West Palm Beach?
West Palm Beach is no stranger to drunk driving accidents, with busy roads and nightlife hubs. The Blakeley Law Firm is familiar with the local roads where these accidents frequently occur and uses this knowledge to build strong cases that resonate with local juries and judges.
Drunk driving accidents can happen anywhere in West Palm Beach, but some common areas are:
- Royal Palm Beach Boulevard
- Okeechobee Boulevard
- Forest Hill Boulevard
Understanding Drunk Driving Accidents in West Palm Beach
Drunk driving accidents shatter lives, leaving a wake of destruction that resonates through families and communities. These collisions result from a preventable choice a person makes to drive under the influence. The repercussions often result in severe injuries, emotional trauma, and financial burdens on victims and their loved ones.
In these moments of chaos and uncertainty, Blakeley Law Firm advocates for those affected. With deep roots in the West Palm Beach community and a commitment to justice, we offer compassionate yet powerful legal representation to those reeling from the aftermath of drunk driving accidents.
Types of Accidents
The most common types of drunk driving accidents include:
- Head-on collisions: The most feared and potentially lethal of drunk driving accidents, head-on collisions occur when an impaired driver swerves into oncoming traffic. The resulting impact can cause catastrophic injuries and fatalities, often requiring extensive legal action to address the multifaceted consequences.
- Rear-end crashes: Even at lower speeds, the surprise and force of a rear-end crash can cause significant injury, particularly to the neck and spine. Drunk drivers, with their slowed reaction times, frequently fail to stop in time, leading to such preventable collisions.
- Side-impact crashes: Common at intersections, side-impact crashes or T-bone accidents often occur when a drunk driver ignores traffic signals or fails to yield. The side of a vehicle offers less protection than the front or rear, making these accidents particularly dangerous for occupants.
- Rollovers: When a drunk driver loses control, the vehicle can roll over, especially if it is a larger SUV or truck. Rollovers can be deadly due to the potential for ejection and the collapse of the vehicle's structure.
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents: Drunk drivers may veer onto sidewalks or into bike lanes, striking unsuspecting pedestrians or cyclists. These accidents are alarmingly common and often result in severe or fatal injuries due to the unprotected nature of the victims.
- Hit and run: Impaired judgment and fear of consequences can lead a drunk driver to flee the scene after causing an accident. Victims might feel even more helpless when the driver who caused their suffering cannot be immediately identified and held accountable.
Each type of accident presents unique challenges, from unraveling the sequence of events to understanding the full scope of injuries sustained. Blakeley Law Firm dives into the specifics of each case, creating a personalized approach that takes into account the type of accident, the evidence available, and the impact on your life.
Types of Injuries
The severity of injuries after a drunk driving accident can range from minor cuts to life-threatening conditions, each with its trajectory for recovery and potential for long-term effects.
- Lacerations and contusions: Sharp debris, broken glass, and the sheer force of impact can result in cuts and bruises. These can lead to significant blood loss, infection, or scarring, with the potential for psychological trauma at the sight of the scars.
- Fractures: The sudden and violent forces in a collision can break bones, from simple fractures that may heal with time to complex ones that require surgery and prolonged rehabilitation. Complications such as non-union or infection can turn a fracture into a chronic issue.
- Whiplash and soft tissue injuries: The rapid back-and-forth movement of occupants during a crash can cause whiplash, severely straining neck muscles and ligaments. Soft tissue injuries can be deceiving, often manifesting symptoms days after the accident and leading to long-term discomfort.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs): A victim's head may strike an object with great force during an accident or shake around violently enough to cause brain injury. TBIs can result in severe injuries like cognitive deficits, personality changes, and lifelong care needs.
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis: Damage to the spinal cord is one of the most severe outcomes, possibly resulting in paralysis. These injuries can redefine a victim's way of life, requiring home modifications, specialized medical equipment, and ongoing care.
- Internal injuries: The impact of a crash can cause internal bleeding and damage to organs.
- Psychological trauma: Beyond the physical harm, victims often endure significant emotional distress. Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, depression, and other mental health issues can follow a traumatic accident, sometimes hindering a person's ability to return to their pre-accident life and employment.
- Burns and disfigurement: In severe crashes, especially with fires or explosions, victims may suffer burns that require extensive treatment, including surgeries and skin grafts. The psychological impact of disfigurement and the physical pain of burns can overwhelm you.
- Amputations: In catastrophic accidents, victims may suffer such severe injuries to limbs that amputation is necessary. The loss of a limb is a life-altering event that affects mobility, independence, and psychological well-being.
- Chronic pain: Some injuries lead to long-term or chronic pain, which can be debilitating. Chronic pain can affect every aspect of a person's life, limiting their ability to work, engage in daily activities, or enjoy leisurely pursuits.
What to Do After a Drunk Driving Accident in West Palm Beach?
In the period following a drunk driving accident, you might find yourself on an unfamiliar and frightening path. It's a time filled with doctor's appointments, recovery, and the emotional toll of the accident. However, you must use this time to set the foundation of a legal case that seeks rightful compensation.
Here are essential steps to take:
- Adhere to treatment plans: Strictly follow the medical advice and treatment plans prescribed by healthcare professionals. This includes attending all follow-up appointments and physical therapy sessions and taking prescribed medications. Such adherence not only promotes recovery but also serves as evidence that you are taking all necessary steps to mitigate the long-term effects of your injuries.
- Document of all expenses: Keep records of all expenses related to the accident. This includes medical bills, receipts for over-the-counter medications, costs associated with transportation to and from medical appointments, and any home-care services. Documenting these expenses provides a tangible account of the financial impact of the accident.
- Witness information: If possible, gather contact information from witnesses at the scene. Witness testimonies can significantly strengthen a case by corroborating your account of the accident.
- Preserve evidence: Keep any physical evidence from the crash, such as damaged clothing or personal items. These items can serve as a vivid demonstration of the crash's severity.
- Documentation of Work Absences and Lost Income: Keep a record of any work missed due to the accident, including notes from a doctor recommending time off from work. Also, document any lost income or impact on earning capacity due to the injuries sustained.
- Legal consultation: Early consultation with our legal team can guide you on the necessary steps to preserve the integrity of a claim. We can take over the often overwhelming task of handling legal proceedings.
Blakeley Law Firm emphasizes the importance of each of these steps in building a strong legal claim. By compiling evidence and documentation, we assist you in laying a strong foundation for your case, aiming to ensure that you receive rightful compensation for the full extent of your losses and suffering.
Contact a West Palm Beach Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a drunk driving accident in West Palm Beach, you don't have to go through this challenging time alone.
Contact the Blakeley Law Firm online or call (954) 253-9445 for your free consultation. Let our firm lead you to the compensation you deserve. Together, we can turn a moment of adversity into a future of hope and justice.