When you or a loved one becomes involved in a truck accident in West Palm Beach, the road to justice can seem long and overwhelming. At this time, seek a skilled West Palm Beach truck accident lawyer at Blakeley Law Firm to handle your compensation claim.
Blakeley Law Firm Is Your Ally in the Face of Adversity
At Blakeley Law Firm, we understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll a truck accident can have on victims. Personal injury lawyer Jarrett Blakeley and his team can help those injured in West Palm Beach, bringing his experience in complex truck accident claims.
When you're healing from injuries, the last thing you need is to go toe-to-toe with trucking companies and their insurers. That's where we step in to carry the burden so you can focus on recovering.
Why Choose Blakeley Law Firm for Your Truck Accident Claim?
Choosing the right legal representation can make all the difference after a truck accident.
Here's why Blakeley Law Firm stands out:
- Proven success: With over a decade of successful claims, we have a track record that speaks for itself. Our firm has consistently secured substantial settlements and verdicts for our clients, offering hope for those in need.
- Personal commitment: Jarrett Blakeley and his team are lawyers who will get to know you, dedicating our time and resources to make your case our priority.
- No fees unless you win: You won't pay any legal fees unless we recover compensation for you. It's that simple.
- Local presence: With an office conveniently located in West Palm Beach off of Vista Parkway, we are at the heart of where you need us. Our firm's local insight into West Palm Beach helps us understand how accidents happen here and present your case most effectively.
Where Do Truck Accidents Happen in West Palm Beach?
The streets and highways in West Palm Beach see a significant amount of truck traffic. Accidents are common near Port St. Lucie Boulevard, Palm Beach Lakes Boulevard and Congress Avenue, near the Tanger Outlets, and anywhere on I-95.
Common Types of Truck Accidents We Handle
Truck accidents come in many forms, each presenting unique dangers and challenges in pursuing justice and compensation. At Blakeley Law Firm, we understand the complexities associated with different types of truck accidents and the injuries they cause.
A jackknife accident occurs when a large truck folds at the articulation point between the trailer and the cab, resembling a folding pocket knife. The trailer can sweep across multiple lanes, causing multi-vehicle collisions.
Blakeley Law Firm investigates the root cause, such as driver error, mechanical failure, or improper braking techniques. We gather evidence from accident reports, black box data, and witness statements to build a compelling case demonstrating negligence.
Rollover accidents happen when a truck tips over onto its side or roof. High centers of gravity and abrupt maneuvers often contribute to these incidents, which can be fatal for the truck driver and nearby motorists.
We scrutinize the circumstances that led to the rollover, including road conditions, driver actions, and vehicle maintenance records. Our firm works with accident reconstruction experts to prove liability and ensure all responsible parties are held accountable.
Faulty or poorly maintained brakes are a common cause of truck accidents. The results can be devastating when a truck cannot stop in time due to brake failure.
Our firm looks into maintenance logs and inspection records to identify inadequate brake maintenance. By proving negligent upkeep, we can hold the trucking company responsible for the resulting damages.
We Handle a Range of Injuries
Truck accidents often cause severe injuries due to their massive size and weight. Some injuries our firm sees from truck accidents include:
Fractures and Lacerations
Simple and complex fractures, as well as deep lacerations, are common in truck accidents. These injuries can require surgeries, physical therapy, and extended time away from work.
We document the immediate and long-term medical care required for your recovery, including any surgeries, treatments, and rehabilitation, ensuring that your settlement covers current and future medical expenses.
Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs)
TBIs can have life-altering consequences. Even concussions can require extensive medical treatment and long-term care.
Our firm uses neurologists and other medical specialists to assess the full impact of a TBI on your life. We make sure that the cost of cognitive rehabilitation, therapy, and potential loss of life quality factors into your compensation.
We have also represented clients with:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Crush injuries
- Soft tissue tears
While we believe that even relatively minor injuries deserve compensation from liable parties, no injury is too severe for our firm to handle.
Understanding Your Compensation Rights After a Truck Accident
The consequences of a truck accident extend far beyond the immediate impact. You may be entitled to compensation for a variety of damages:
After a truck accident, medical expenses can quickly add up, becoming a source of deep financial stress. Compensation for these costs extends to all medical-related expenditures you may encounter.
Here's how Blakeley Law Firm can assist:
- Emergency services: The costs begin with ambulance rides, emergency room visits, surgeries, and immediate medical care. We document all these expenses to ensure they're part of your claim.
- Rehabilitation costs: Long-term recovery often requires physical therapy, chiropractic care, or other forms of rehabilitation. Our team works with your healthcare providers to detail these expenses, projecting future costs to ensure your settlement covers the entirety of your rehabilitative care.
- Prescriptions and medical equipment: Medications, medical devices, or special equipment like wheelchairs and home modifications are often necessary for recovery. We collect receipts, prescriptions, and professional estimates to build a comprehensive claim for these ongoing costs.
We gather all relevant medical records, bills, and expert testimony to substantiate the full range of your medical expenses, ensuring we leave nothing out.
Lost Income and Earning Capacity
The impact of a truck accident on your ability to work can be immediate and long-lasting.
Blakeley Law Firm is committed to recovering the full value of your lost income and earning capacity:
- Immediate lost income: We will document the work and income you've lost due to the accident, collaborating with your employer to establish a clear record of your typical earnings and the impact of your absence.
- Diminished earning capacity: For more severe injuries that affect your long-term ability to earn, we conduct thorough analyses often with the assistance of economic experts to calculate the difference between your pre-accident and post-accident earning potential.
Detailed documentation, including pay stubs, tax returns, and professional evaluations, are gathered to solidify your claim for lost income and diminished earning capacity.
Pain and Suffering
Pain and suffering compensation addresses the non-economic impact of an accident this is often the most complex aspect as it doesn't come with a direct price tag.
Blakeley Law Firm approaches this challenge through:
- Personal impact statements: We help articulate the depth of your pain and suffering through personal statements and impact journals, giving a voice to your distress.
- Expert testimony: Psychological evaluations and expert testimonies can play a role in quantifying pain and suffering. We collaborate with mental health professionals to provide an objective assessment of your emotional and psychological trauma.
While subjective and intangible losses, pain and suffering are real and quantifiable in the eyes of the law. We compile evidence so insurance companies can acknowledge and compensate for your non-economic losses.
The tangible destruction of property in a truck accident from your vehicle to personal belongings is often extensive.
You need to recover these losses as part of your claim:
- Vehicle repair or replacement: We will work to obtain estimates and valuations for vehicle repairs or fair market value in the case of total loss.
- Personal items: For items damaged or lost in the accident, we list and value each item, from electronic devices to clothing, ensuring you receive compensation for these material losses.
We construct a strong claim for property damage by gathering all relevant receipts, valuations, and insurance assessments. We negotiate with insurance companies to ensure you receive the highest possible compensation for the loss of your property.
Proving these damages requires a detailed and experienced approach. At Blakeley Law Firm, we are great at collecting, organizing, and presenting the evidence needed to maximize your claim. By trusting us with your case, you're gaining an advocate dedicated to ensuring that your compensation reflects every aspect of your loss.
Overcoming Insurance Company Tactics
Insurance companies often offer settlements that are a fraction of what you deserve. At Blakeley Law Firm, we're experienced negotiators. We're prepared to push back against lowball offers and fight for a settlement that reflects the true cost of your losses.
What to Do After a Truck Accident in West Palm Beach?
When you find yourself in the unsettling aftermath of a truck accident, the road to recovery may seem uncertain and legally complex.
While the initial shock and the pressing medical concerns require immediate attention, the steps you take afterward can significantly improve your legal claim. You can help us establish a solid foundation for your case during this time.
At the Blakeley Law Firm, we understand the importance of a post-accident strategy. We quickly gather evidence and information that will later serve your claim.
We collect all relevant data from the moment we take on your case. We work closely with you to assess every detail.
We establish a clear record of your injuries and your medical treatment. This includes hospital stays, medical procedures, ongoing therapies, and rehabilitation.
We understand that injuries from a truck accident can require long-term, sometimes lifelong, treatment. As such, we anticipate future medical needs to ensure that your compensation is not just for today's bills but for the medical costs you will likely incur down the line.
Time away from work means lost income, and in cases of severe injury, it might mean a diminished capacity to earn at the same level in the future. Our firm works to quantify these losses accurately to ensure that any settlement reflects the full extent of your lost earning potential.
Also, we examine the emotional and psychological toll the accident has taken on you. The trauma of a truck accident can extend far beyond physical injuries, leading to emotional distress, anxiety, and loss of enjoyment in life.
These non-economic damages are just as real and deserve compensation just like the visible wounds you bear.
Documentation is vital throughout this process. We encourage our clients to maintain a detailed journal, chronicling the medical appointments and treatments and the daily struggles and pain. Such records can provide a window into the life-altering impact of your personal injury case.
We begin navigating the insurance landscape as we compile the evidence and documentation. Insurance companies make dealing with them difficult, and truck accident claims, in particular, involve a web of policies and insurers, including those of the trucking company, the cargo owner, and others.
Blakeley Law Firm ensures that the insurance companies honor their obligations and challenges any attempts to minimize or dismiss your claim.
Our post-accident strategy is about collecting evidence and information and building a narrative that accurately reflects the full scope of your experience. We translate the chaos of an accident into a clear, compelling case that leaves no room for doubt about the extent of your losses or the justice you deserve.
Contact a West Palm Beach Truck Accident Lawyer
After a truck accident, we're ready to undertake the road to recovery with you. If you're in West Palm Beach and a truck accident injured you, contact Blakeley Law Firm at (954) 253-9445 to fight for your rights.